A Michelin-starred restaurant faces restaurant

Photo A dining room on the 16th floor of an upmarket central London restaurant belonging to the Michelin-starred restaurant operator Raymond Blanc was damaged in a fire on Wednesday night. The blaze started in…

A Michelin-starred restaurant faces restaurant

Photo

A dining room on the 16th floor of an upmarket central London restaurant belonging to the Michelin-starred restaurant operator Raymond Blanc was damaged in a fire on Wednesday night.

The blaze started in the kitchen on the 16th floor of the Robin Hood Gardens development, and appears to have quickly spread to the 16th floor dining room. The developer, Private Land Company (PLC), said it was investigating the incident.

“We are very sorry that a fire occurred at Robin Hood Gardens,” said a spokesperson for PLC. “The area was brought under control very quickly. Safety is of paramount importance at PLC and they work closely with the London Fire Brigade on all incidents that take place.”

An investigation has been launched.

At least three firefighters were injured, and all three were taken to hospital.

Pictures on social media showed that the dining room was totally engulfed in smoke.

The restaurant’s twitter account posted an apology on Wednesday morning. “Tonight’s guests will not be allowed to leave the upstairs area of the room. The restaurant is closed,” the post read.

The Michelin-starred “Jamie’s Italian” restaurant at the same location was shut down on Thursday due to snow. A spokesperson told The Times that “snow had coated the roof.”

Related

Leave a Comment